Share this adventure
Come join us at Outback Trail Rides for a premier horseback riding experience on California’s Central Coast!
Conveniently located just minutes from Hearst Castle, our coastal ride locations take in some of the most spectacular scenery along Highway 1 and allow an inside glimpse at private working ranches. Our beautiful locations are easily accessible just south of the charming town of Cambria. Come ride along rolling hills, among oak groves and enjoy stunning panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean from some of the oldest private ranch lands on the Central Coast never before open to the public.
Whether you are a veteran rider, or just interested in discovering the pleasure of trail riding for the first time, come join us for an unforgettable experience…Outback style!
This year we are pleased to offer exclusive vineyard wagon and trail rides at two of the Paso Robles wine area’s finest wineries. Choose a relaxed horse-drawn wagon ride as you sip wines produced from the vines along your trail. Or for the more adventurous, enjoy tasting award-winning wines after a leisurely horseback ride through the vineyard.
All of our rides are personally guided by professional horsemen, experienced in horse training and riding instruction. We welcome all levels of riders, and each trail ride is preceded by a brief riding and safety lesson to insure that all of our guests feel comfortable and confident on their mounts. Specializing in small group and private rides, we promise you a true horseback adventure.
Ride Season: May-September
Open: Everyday except Tuesday
Maximum Group Size: 10 guests
Average Group Size: 6 guests
Age Range: 6-70 years
Weight Limit: 240 lbs.
Recommended For: All riding abilities
*trotting and cantering permitted for advanced riders at guides disc
Enjoy a relaxing hour long trail ride through the heart of a working cattle ranch. Ride through shaded canyons, sunny hillsides, grazing cattle and view scenic mountain outlooks. Experience outback riding at its best.
$ 65 / 1 hour
Discover the true romance of horse and rider on our two hour ranch ride
that boasts some of the most stunning ocean views along the California coast, accessible only from this exclusive private ranch.
$ 95 / 2 hours
Experience the golden hours right before sunset as your ride up the winding trail to a captivating ocean view. The perfect time of day to catch a glimpse of local wildlife.
A memorable way to end the day!
$ 85 / 1-1/2 hours
1-hour horse-drawn wagon ride through the vineyard while enjoying complimentary wine tasting en route
$ 45 / 1 hour
1-hour horseback ride through the vineyard followed by complimentary wine tasting at the winery
$ 65 / 1 hour
Paso Robles Rides – Available Year Round. Open everyday except Tuesday.
All rides are by reservation only. We accept cash and personal checks.
All prices are inclusive with no additional tax charges. Please note that these prices do not include gratuity for our hard-working, fun-loving guides!
Round Trip – $15
One Way – $10
Reservations and walk-ins Accepted
Ride Season: May-September
Open: Friday and Saturday
Hours: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Pickups hourly from the Castle Inn, Moonstone Beach.
(pickups en route at the Santa Rosa Creek and Leffingwell Landing State Parks)
Our coastal ride locations are off scenic Highway 1. Traveling north on Highway 1, continue one mile past the intersection with Highway 46 West. Traveling south on Highway 1, continue one mile south of the town of Cambria. Look for the Outback Trail Rides sign on the side of Highway 1 which is across from the driveway location to the trail ride base camp.
Our vineyard wagon and trail ride locations are at two winery locations in the Paso Robles wine region.
Cass Vineyard and Winery: From Highway 46 East, travel 7.2 miles to Geneseo Road. Turn right, go 4.2 miles to the stop sign at Linne Road. Turn right and destination is at 7350 Linne Road.
Pomar Junction Vineyard and Winery: From Highway 101, take the Exit 224 for Vineyard Drive. Turn onto Vineyard Drive heading east. Continue onto Templeton Road. Continue onto El Pomar Drive. Turn right onto South El Pomar Road and destination is at 5036 South El Pomar.
RULES & RESTRICTIONS
* Please arrive at base camp location 1/2 hour prior to scheduled ride to complete required paper work. If you do not arrive on time, you may miss your scheduled departure. All rides depart on time.
* Please wear long pants and closed-toed shoes. Absolutely NO flip-flops or sandals. Hats must fit very securely or have a chin strap. Weather on the coast can be changeable so layered clothing is best. Make sure to bring a sweater, sweatshirt or light jacket for your comfort. Sunscreen is recommended.
* Small, unobtrusive cameras are welcome but please make sure they allow your hands to be free for control of your horse at all times.
* For safety reasons, no backpacks, fanny packs, or purses are allowed on rides. Cell phones must be set to silent, and text messaging is strongly discouraged.
* Please make sure that cell phones, car keys, cameras and articles of clothing are securely attached. We are not responsible for lost items.
* All guests must be in good physical health and able to safely mount and dismount.
* Age Limits: 6 – 70 years. (not applicable for wagon rides)
* Weight Limit: 240 lbs. (not applicable for wagon rides)
* No smoking is permitted on the premises.
* The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on the premises.
* All rides subject to availability, weather/trail conditions. We reserve the right to alter, modify, or cancel a ride due to bad weather, unsafe conditions, or requests make by property owner.
* Payment is due at the end of your ride. We accept cash and person checks.
* If you must cancel your ride for any reason, we request that you provide us with as much advance notice as possible.
* Riders age 14 and younger required.
* Riders aged 15 – 17 parental decline required.
* Riders aged 18 and over helmet optional.
* No bicycle helmets are allowed. Certified horseback riding helmets provided.
Visit Outback Trail Rides for Paso Robles horseback riding, Central California horseback riding, San Luis Obispo horseback riding, Cambria horseback trail riding and Outback Trail Rides.
- Fiscalini Ranch Preserve Trail, Cambria, CA 93428, USA
- Cost Range: $15-$95
- Categories: Couples Horseback Riding, Family - Friendly, Horseback Riding, Horseback Riding Tours, Nature Tours, Outdoor Adventures, Private Tours, Romantic Wine Tours, Romantic/Special Occasions, Tours, Wagon Tours, Wagon Tours, Wine Tours
- Tags: Central California, Family-Friendly, Group Activities, Horseback Riding, Horseback Trail Rides, Nature, Nature Tours, Outdoor Activities, Wine Tours